A serious injury to the knee, ankle, or foot can be painful and make it hard to move. If your knee or foot is hurt, you might not be able to do the things you normally do at work or in your free time. Ankle injuries can last for the rest of a person’s life and often require multiple surgeries and other treatments to get better.
Most people in the U.S. will get hurt in their feet or ankles at some point, and it can happen more often than you think.
Workplace Ankle And Foot Injuries
Accidents at work often cause injuries to the knees, ankles, and feet. Overuse injuries can happen in construction, factory work, and other jobs that require a lot of lifting or moving. So much of what work you do everyday puts a lot of pressure on every day, feet, and ankles, which can hurt your muscles, nerves, and tendons in many different ways. Also, working in any setting can lead to a sudden accident that causes a serious injury.
Common things that cause ankle and foot injuries from impact include:
- Slip and fall accidents
- Drops from up high
- Hit by objects that fell, flew, dropped, or rolled
- When you land on a hard surface
- Scaffolding or ladder collapse
- Lifting, twisting, or pulling with a lot of effort
- Vehicle accidents
Here are some common injuries that happen to people with knee, ankle, and foot Injuries:
- Heel Spur Syndrome: This is a centralized pain in your heel which may grow inflamed and prevent you from walking or standing up, which is a major problem if your job requires you to do so.
- Hammer Toes: This painful toe injury occurs when your toes form an inverted V. It irritates your shoes and may stop you from walking or standing.
- Functional Foot Disparity: An ankle injury or pain need not be caused by a sudden break or fracture; it can develop slowly and gradually.
- Broken ACLs or cartilage degradation: Knee injuries are painful and can necessitate surgery, which can keep you out of work for several weeks. Physical therapy is also required. If your job requires you to stand for long periods, this type of injury can be devastating to your career.
Workers’ Comp For Knee, Ankle, Or Foot Injuries
In California, any worker who gets hurt on the job is covered by workers’ compensation. We are ready to help you if you’ve been hurt in an accident or if your job has caused you to hurt your ankle or foot over time. We’ll work hard to get you the most benefits, such as:
- Medical care coverage
- Pay replacement/temporary disability
- Permanent disability
- Supplemental job displacement benefits
In conclusion, if you have foot or ankle injuries in California and have questions or concerns about a possible workers’ compensation claim, you should contact our California work injury lawyer at Pistiolas Law Firm or call (844) 414-1768 for help navigating the workers’ compensation system and getting the benefits to which you are entitled.